- 1 cup whole-wheat orzo pasta
- 3 ears corn, shucked and kernels removed from cob (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Bring a pot of generously salted water to a rapid boil. Add the orzo and cook according to package directions, adding the corn in the last minute of cooking, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Set aside.
Pour the lime juice over the avocado and coat evenly (this will minimize discoloration). Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drizzle over the orzo and add the avocado with lime juice, tomatoes, and parsley. Mix until combined and serve warm or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tomato and Black Olive Orzo Salad, Garlic and Herb Cheese-Glazed Sirloin and Orzo Salad with Fennel, Tomatoes and Oregano, Warm Potato-Tomato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette, Fried Rice Recipes, Picnic Salad, Italian Meatball Recipes, Rice Casserole Recipes, Osso Buco Recipes, Saffron Rice Recipes