Orzo Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pounds orzo pasta
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Citrus Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 1/2 medium lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Fill a stockpot 3/4 full with salted water. When water comes to a rolling boil, add orzo. Cook until al dente, or according to package directions.
Drain orzo and cool on a baking sheet.
Make the vinaigrette. When orzo is at room temperature, toss with tomatoes and cilantro. Dress with vinaigrette.Citrus Vinaigrette:
In medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, zests, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until mixture has emulsified. Vinaigrette can be made up to 3 hours ahead, covered and chilled. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee