Orzo Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pounds orzo pasta
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Citrus Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 1/2 medium lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Fill a stockpot 3/4 full with salted water. When water comes to a rolling boil, add orzo. Cook until al dente, or according to package directions.
Drain orzo and cool on a baking sheet.
Make the vinaigrette. When orzo is at room temperature, toss with tomatoes and cilantro. Dress with vinaigrette.Citrus Vinaigrette:
In medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, zests, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until mixture has emulsified. Vinaigrette can be made up to 3 hours ahead, covered and chilled. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Kelsey Nixon
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller