Orzo with Mushroom, Snow Peas, and Pine Nuts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (can include cepes, creminis, portobellos, etc), sliced thinly
- 1/2 pound of fresh snow peas, julienned
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 pound orzo, cooked according to box directions
- 1 tablespoon of butter, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a saute pan. Add shallots and saute. Add mushrooms and saute until brown. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Add pine nuts. Add mixture to the orzo. Butter may be added, to taste. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network?s kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.