- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 12 ounces white button mushrooms, wiped clean and trimmed
- 2 bunches scallions, roots and dry tops trimmed
- 4 carrots, cut on the diagonal into 3/4-inch thick
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Arrange vegetables on one large or two smaller baking sheets. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of oil over each vegetable and toss to coat. Sprinkle on salt and pepper and toss again. Place baking sheet(s) in oven and roast 25 to 35 minutes until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
When cooking the chicken and vegetables together add the vegetables to the oven when chicken is halfway done, about 30 minutes.