- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Florida's Natural® Premium orange juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 8 French bread slices, cut 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Orange Apple Syrup:
- 3/4 cup Florida's Natural® Premium orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into sections
In a medium bowl whisk together all French toast ingredients except French bread and butter. Dip both sides of French bread in mixture and place in buttered 13 x 9-inch baking dish; pour remaining mixture over bread. Refrigerate overnight or bake. Before baking, drizzle melted butter over French bread. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, in large skillet combine 3/4 cup orange juice and brown sugar; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture is bubbly. Add apples, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and ginger. Continue cooking until apples are tender; add orange sections.
Serve over French toast.