Oven-Roasted Wild Mushrooms with Goat Cheese and Chile Oil
- 8 cups mushrooms (combination of portobello or crimini, shiitake and oyster mushrooms), stems removed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup chile oil, recipe follows
- 8 ounces goat cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Chile oil:
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- 2 ounces dried New Mexico peppers
- 1 ounce dried arbol chile powder
- 2 tablespoons ancho powder
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mushrooms with the olive oil, and shallots, then season with salt and black pepper.
Arrange the mushrooms evenly in one layer in a heavy roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove the mushrooms from the roasting pan and place into a large cazuela or baking dish. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of chile oil and top with the slices of cheese. Bake until hot, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, garnish with thyme, and drizzle with the remaining chile oil. Serve with lots of crusty French bread.Chile oil:
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree. Strain mixture through a fine strainer. Reserve. This may be done up to one day in advance.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Wild About You Salad: Wild Mushroom Salad with Thyme and Heart of Romaine, Wild Mushroom Turnovers with Romano Cheese, Wild Mushroom and Sausage Frittata, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Mushroom Risotto Recipes, Portobello Mushroom Recipes, Sauteed Mushroom Recipes, Meatball Appetizer Recipes