Oyster and Brie Champagne Soup
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups fish stock or clam juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 pounds ripe Brie cheese, rind removed and cut up
- 1 bunch chives, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Champagne
- 2 dozen fresh oysters
Melt butter over low heat. Add shallots and red pepper flakes and saute until softened. Sprinkle in flour and cook until lightly colored, roughly 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the stock and cream. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; reduce to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the Brie, chives, salt and pepper, to taste, and stir until melted. Add Champagne. Add the oysters and cook for 3 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.