- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup oyster crackers, crushed
- 1 pound crab meat, picked over for shells
- ¼ cup canola oil
2. Scoop a scant ¼ cup of the crab mixture, form it into a 2 ½-inch diameter patty, and place on a plate. Repeat with the remaining crab mixture.
3. Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the crab cakes and cook, carefully turning once, until golden brown and heated through, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining oil and crab cakes.
4. Once the stovetop is cool, wipe up any oil splatters with Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes*.
*Use as directed. For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable water rinse is required.