Oysters Rockefeller Chowder
- 12 Maryland select oysters and liquor
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 baking potato, like russet
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 6 ounces liquorice flavored liqueur (Recommended: Pernod)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar
Shuck oysters and reserve liquor. Cook bacon, reserve fat, dice bacon. Peel the potato, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, and hold in water. In large saute pan, heat bacon fat; add shallots and saute. Add liqueur and flambe. Add the bacon and the spinach, and saute briefly. Add heavy cream, oyster liquor, potato cubes, white pepper, nutmeg and salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, simmer for 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Sprinkle with cheddar and serve with oyster crackers.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot guarantee the results.
Recipe courtesy Greg Taylor, Grand Prize Winner
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri