- 1 (14-ounce) package medium dried rice noodles
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon good-quality soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar, or rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup preserved ground radish
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, with tails on
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 8 ounces tofu cake, fried, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup finely ground raw peanuts, roasted (should be raw and then roasted)
- 1 bunch garlic chives, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten, cooked, rolled up, and shredded
- Lime wedges, optional, for garnish
Soak noodles in hot water until slightly limp; drain and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, tamarind juice, vinegar, sugar, and radish; stir until sugar is dissolved and then set aside. Prepare and measure all of the other ingredients before beginning to cook.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. When oil is hot, working quickly, add garlic and shrimp and toss with wooden spoons until shrimp are about halfway done. Add cayenne pepper and paprika and toss to combine. Add noodles and radish mixture and toss well. Add bean sprouts and tofu and toss. Add peanuts and garlic chives and toss. When shrimp is just cooked through and all the ingredients are heated through, remove from heat. Garnish with shredded eggs and lime wedges, if desired. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.