- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups pitted black olives, such as Nicoise or Kalamata, halved if large
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Halve or quarter the tomatoes, depending on size, over a large bowl to catch all the juices. To the bowl with the tomatoes, add the celery, olives, basil, lemon pepper, and salt, and toss to combine. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to the bowl. Add the olive oil and salt to taste and toss to combine.