- Olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, skinned and seeded
- 30 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 12 clams, scrubbed
- White wine, to cover
- 1/2 chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 6 medium squid, chopped into small pieces
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into small pieces
- Fish stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 strands saffron
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
Reserve the olive oil to saute more ingredients. Saute the chicken in olive oil for about 8 minutes. Set aside.
Saute the squid for 5 minutes in olive oil. Set aside.
Saute the peppers for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Bring to a strong boil for 4 minutes. Reduce the heat and add the mussels, clams, and shrimp. Boil moderately for about 10 to 12 minutes. Let sit for about 7 minutes. Then serve.