- Olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, skinned and seeded
- 30 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 12 clams, scrubbed
- White wine, to cover
- 1/2 chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 6 medium squid, chopped into small pieces
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into small pieces
- Fish stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 strands saffron
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
Open 30 mussels and 12 clams by covering them with white wine. Reserve the wine and juice.
Reserve the olive oil to saute more ingredients. Saute the chicken in olive oil for about 8 minutes. Set aside.
Saute the squid for 5 minutes in olive oil. Set aside.
Saute the peppers for 5 minutes. Set aside.