- 1/2 pound chicken tenders, cut into quarters
- 1/2 pound fresh fish, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound jumbo sea scallops, fresh
- 1/2 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 ounces chorizo, diced
- 6 fresh mussels
- 4 tablespoons green peas
- 4 cups yellow rice, cooked
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Season the chicken and seafood with Creole seasoning in separate small bowls and toss to evenly coat. Place the olive oil in a saute pan and heat the oil until hot. Add the chicken and cook it for 30 seconds. Add the fish, scallops, and shrimp and saute the seafood and chicken until partially cooked. Add the chicken stock, chorizo, and the mussels and cook them until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Add the green peas and cooked hot yellow rice and stir the ingredients to evenly mix. Continue to cook and stir the paella until all the chicken stock is absorbed into the rice. Place it on a serving platter and garnish paella with fresh cilantro sprigs.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Bahama Breeze