Paillard of Salmon with a Ginger Shallot Vinaigrette, Baby Greens with Papaya and Basil
- 3 fillets of salmon, or 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups washed mixed baby greens
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/4 cup washed, dried basil leaves
Preheat broiler, cut salmon into thin slices, arrange 1/6 of the slices on a sheet of plastic wrap, cover with a second piece of plastic wrap and pound out salmon to 1/4-inch thickness. Transfer paillard to a plate, repeat with remaining salmon.
Combine all vinaigrette ingredients, season paillards, drizzle entire surface with vinaigrette. Place plate under broiler for one minute or until salmon just turns opaque. Remove plate, cool 1 minute, dress greens with remaining vinaigrette, add papaya and basil and place small handful of salad at the center of each plate
Thank you! your flag was submitted.