- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate or chocolate morsels
- 7 ounces canned sweetened condensed milk
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or use a nonstick pan.
Toss the pecans in the melted butter to evenly coat. Spread the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden and aromatic. Set aside to cool, and then chop roughly. Place the chopped pecans and the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until evenly moistened. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter for each cookie onto the lined baking sheet and gently flatten to circles of about 2 1/4-inches in diameter (these cookies do not spread). Bake 10 minutes or until the coconut turns very pale golden, being careful not to overbrown. Transfer to racks to cool.