Pan con Bistic: Steak Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) churrascos (strip steaks)
- 1 Spanish onion, julienne
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 large Cuban bread or wide baguette, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced thinly
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, julienne
- 1 cup canned shoestring potatoes
On a griddle or saute pan, heat oil on medium high heat. Season steak and saute for 6 to 8 minutes flipping constantly. Add the onion the last minute of cooking into the same pan. Add lime juice and remove from the heat. Split the bread lengthwise and cut into 4 pieces. Coat bread pieces with mayonnaise on the top side. On the bottom side, layer tomatoes, lettuce, steak, onions, and shoestring potatoes. Serve hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.