Pan Fried Ham Kebobs served with Basmati Rice, Peppers, Pineapple and Mango
- 3 tablespoons ginger-flavored soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole smoked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, 1-inch dice
- 1 red pepper, 1-inch dice
- 1 yellow pepper, 1-inch dice
- 1 red onion, 1-inch dice
- 1 white onion, 1-inch dice
- 16 to 24 (1-inch) cubes fresh pineapple
- 8 to 10 wooden skewers
- Basmati Rice, recipe follows
- 1 mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
Combine the soy sauce and lemon juice in a medium non-reactive bowl. Evenly coat the ham cubes with the soy mixture. Heat a medium pan over high heat, and then add the ham and cook for approximately 25 minutes, or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, remove the ham from the pan. Make the kebabs by alternating the ham with the peppers, onions, and pineapple cubes on the wooden skewers. Serve over Basmati Rice, and garnish each plate with the mango, lettuce, and parsley.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.Basmati Rice:
4 cups water
2 cups basmati rice
2 to 4 tablespoons butter
In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Add the rice to the pan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice for 20 minutes, or until tender yet firm, and all of the water has been absorbed. Gently stir in as much butter as desired for flavoring. Place the kebabs on top of the rice.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.