Pan Roasted Dorado, White Bean Mash, Tomato Relish with Toasted Cumin and Aged Sherry Vinaigrette
- 3 tomatoes, medium diced
- 1/2 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, small diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 1/3 cup
- 4 tablespoons aged Sherry vinegar
- 1 serrano, very finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces white beans
- Water, for boiling
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 white onion, cut into large diced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry oregano
- 12 (3-ounce) mahi-mahi fillets, skin off
- Olive oil, for cooking
In a large stock pot place white beans and cover with 3 times the amount of water. Add bay leaf. Boil until beans are tender at least 1 hour. Strain beans.
In a food processor, puree beans and onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
To serve, place puree in large serving platter. Set fish on top of puree and top with tomato relish.
Recipe courtesy Alex Garcia