- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (3 to 3½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, cut in quarters
- 1 pound new potatoes, cut in quarters
- 8 ounces fresh whole baby carrots (about 16), green tops trimmed to 1-inch-long
- 1½ cups Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Chopped fresh thyme leaves
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the flour, black pepper and paprika on a plate. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
2. Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
3. Add the onions and potatoes to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots, stock, lemon juice and oregano and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover the skillet.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Uncover the skillet.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with the thyme, if desired.