Panfried Grouper with Almonds
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless grouper fillet, or substitute snapper or orange roughly
- 1/2 cup unpeeled slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 small bunch flatleaf parsley, coarse stems removed
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Rinse the fillets and pat them dry with paper towels. Check the fish for bones and remove with tweezers, if necessary. In a food processor, combine the almonds, allspice, salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin, and paprika. Pulse until finely ground, but do not overprocess or the nuts can become oily. In a shallow baking dish, spread out the nutspice mixture. Dredge the fillets in the mixture, one at a time, shaking off the excess.
In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Fry the fillets for about 3 minutes on each side, until light brown. With a slotted spatula, remove the fish to a warm platter or individual serving plates and scatter with the parsley sprigs. Serve with wedges of lemon.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.