Panfried Spiced Shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces medium shrimp or prawns in the shell, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red jalapeno chile or small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and julienned
- 1 large scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
Combine the salt, pepper, cumin and paprika in a bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Saute the shrimp 1 to 2 minutes. Toss in the jalapeno or bell pepper, scallion and garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat, stir in the lime juice and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.