Panseared Grits with Spiced Shrimp and Bacon
- 4 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- PanSeared Grits, recipe above
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 10 to 12 ounces medium shrimp in the shell, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded, and julienned
- 2 green jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded, and julienned
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 limes
Combine the salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and cayenne in a bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat evenly.
Wipe the skillet clean and heat the olive oil over high heat. Saute the shrimp 1 to 2 minutes. Toss in the jalapenos, green onion, garlic and reserved bacon and cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice. Scatter over the seared grits and serve.
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
Thank you! your flag was submitted.