Paprika-Glazed Baby Back Ribs
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Divide ribs between two large, heavy, sealable plastic bags.
In a bowl, stir together remaining ingredients and pepper, to taste, and pour over ribs. Seal bags, pressing out excess air. Marinate ribs, chilled, turning bags occasionally, overnight.
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
Transfer ribs and marinade to a roasting pan large enough to hold ribs in layer and roast ribs, covered, turning occasionally, for 4 hours.
Ribs may be made 2 days ahead, cooled, uncovered, and chilled, covered. Reheat ribs in a preheated 375 degrees F oven until hot, about 12 minutes.
Wine Suggestions: Dry Manzanilla; Jerez Region Spanish Cava (Sparkling Wine) Montecillo Winery Rioja
Recipe courtesy Gourmet Magazine