Paradise Pup Merkts Cheddar Burger
- cheese, Merkts Cheddar, a block (or any cold-pack cheese food found in a grocery store)
- 2 lbs ground chuck (80% lean)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 challah egg twist buns or soft bakery buns, toasted
- Hellmann's mayonnaise
- ketchup, Hunts
- pickle, sliced
- onion, red (grilled if you like)
- tomato, sliced
Let the cheese sit out for about 2 hours to get soft enough to spread easily.
Preheat a grill or griddle to VERY HOT to get the right char.
Season the meat with salt and pepper. Mix and form 6 balls, then flatten each to a patty.
Grill the burgers for about 3 minutes each side. Do not press down on the patties while cooking or all the juices will squirt out and dry out the patties! Toast the buns on the grill. Spread the cheese on top of the patties; then place the top half of the bun on top to adhere with the cheese. Remove from the grill.
Have a plenty of napkins on hand. Enjoy!
Thank you! your flag was submitted.