Parsley Walnut Salad
- 2 bunches fresh parsley
- 1 cup pitted kalamata, Greek, or nicoise olives (about 1 1/4 cups with pits)
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted*
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1/3 cup good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground coarse black pepper
Remove the stems from the parsley and mince either by hand or with quick pulses in a food processor. The parsley should be finely chopped, but if you use a food processor be careful not to puree it. The parsley should form a fluffy base for other textures.
Combine all of the chopped ingredients in a large wooden bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
*To toast nuts: Place nuts in a dry saute pan over medium heat. Toast, while shaking the pan to avoid overheating in 1 spot. Remove from the heat after 3 to 5 minutes when the nuts have achieved a nice pale golden color.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.