- 1 cup celery root, peeled and 1/2- inch dice
- 4 cups parsnip root, peeled and 1/2- inch dice
- 6 cups whole milk
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 6 thyme sprigs, whole, tied together with kitchen string
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Bacon reserved from short ribs
- 1/4 cup crisp fried onions, for garnish
In a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat, add in celery root, parsnip root, whole milk, garlic and thyme. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until fork tender. Strain, reserving liquid. Discard thyme bundle. Place vegetables in food processor and pulse, adding reserved liquid as necessary to desired consistency, pulse to desired texture. Add butter and salt and pepper to taste, and pulse. Garnish with bacon and fried onions. Serve with reduced broth from short ribs.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.