- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 (6-ounce) feta cheese block, soaked in warm water
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 green peppers, seeded and julienne
- 2 red onion, julienne
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 6 Roma tomatoes, seeded and small diced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Remove the outer leaves of the romaine, reserve for the salad mix. Save the hearts to put the completed salad in. Shred the outer leaves of the lettuce, and add to a mixing bowl with 1/2 the cheese and all of the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the lettuce hearts on a serving platter. Fill the leaves with some of the salad, and put the rest of the salad in the center of the serving tray.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.