- 2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pound (21 to 25 count per pound) cooked tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Thai chiles, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped greens onions
- 1 cup medium diced plum tomatoes
- 1 cup medium diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup medium diced papaya
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Place clean rice, water, coconut milk, butter, and curry powder in a saucepot. Cook's Note* Bring to a simmer, cover and cook rice, for about 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to steam, covered, for 5 minutes.
Uncover and add cooked shrimp, chiles, onions, tomatoes, pineapple, cilantro, papaya, and allspice. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste. Gently fold all together. Allow all the ingredients to set and marry for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
*Cook's Note: A golden rule when cooking rice is the 1segment finger rule. Place the clean rice in the pot and fill the pot with enough liquid to where you can stick your finger in the pot, touch the rice and the liquid will cover the first segment of your pointer finger.