Pasta and Herbed Cream Sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti, fettuccine or linguine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
In a large pot of boiling salted water add the spaghetti and cook until it is al dente. Meanwhile, in a large skillet set over moderately low heat, melt the butter, add the rosemary and cook it, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. As soon as the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the pan. Add the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Toss to coat and let reduce 1 to 2 minutes, gently stirring, or until lightly thickened. Add Parmesan to taste, toss to combine and transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.