Pasta for One with Raw Vegetable Salad
- 4 ounces dry capellini or linguini fini
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4inch dice
- 1 ripe tomato or 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4inch dice
- 1 kirby cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice (or 6 or 7 green beans cut into very fine rounds)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic or sherry vinegar to taste
- A few fresh basil (or mint) leaves, cut into chiffonade
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ounce goat's cheese
Bring a quart of water to a boil. Add pasta to and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare and dice the pepper, tomatoes and cucumber and season with a tablespoonful or so of olive oil and some balsamic vinegar to taste. Add basil season with salt and pepper. Drain pasta and ladle into a plate; spoon raw mixture over the top and garnish with goat's cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.