- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 pounds tomatoes, concassed (peeled, seeded, and cut into strips)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces dry pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons Nicoise olives, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced oregano
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute. Add the anchovy fillets, 1 1/2 pounds of the tomatoes, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the cooked pasta, remaining 1/2 pound of tomatoes, capers, olives and oregano. Toss to mix and coat pasta with sauce. Turn off heat. Add the basil and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide onto 2 pasta plates and grate fresh Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Wolfgang Puck
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman