Pasta Salad with Olives and Mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound pasta, small tubes or shells
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cubed Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup black olives
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 pickling cucumbers or kirbies, peeled and diced
- 2 bunches fresh oregano, leaves only, chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Bring 1 gallon salted water to a rolling boil in a large stockpot. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and pasta, and cook until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain in a colander, shaking vigorously, and immediately transfer to an oiled cookie sheet or clean countertop to cool. When cool, transfer to a bowl, and toss with 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl. Toss with pasta, adjust seasonings, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.