Pasta with Asparagus and Peas
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh shelled peas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed, freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place penne in a large pot of rapidly boiling, salted water. When pasta is about 2 minutes from being done, add the asparagus and peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the pasta and asparagus are cooked. Reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid. Drain pasta and return to the pot. Place the pot over low heat.
To the pasta and veggies, add only as much water as is necessary to create a nice "sauce". Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add the garlic, cheese, olive oil, and oregano and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen