Pasta with Asparagus
- 1/2 pound mostaccioli or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Boil water for the pasta. Cook as you are preparing the garlic/asparagus sauce. In a skillet, cook garlic, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce in heated oil and butter for 2 to 3 minutes. Add asparagus, salt and pepper; saute until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese, mix well. Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Recipe courtesy of Nikki Dinki