Pasta with Fresh Vegetables and Mozzarella
- 1/2 pound vine ripened tomatoes, washed and cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, packed in water, cut into small dice
- 1/2 pound fresh fettuccine
- 1 tablespoons each butter and olive oil
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and most of stems discarded
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and stems discarded
- 1/2 cup finely slivered yellow bell pepper
- Salt and dried red pepper flakes
- Very fine julienne of fresh red radish and seeded kirby cucumber
Bring water to a boil for the pasta. In a serving mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, scallions and mozzarella and set aside. Add fresh pasta to water and cook quickly just until al dente; drain and place in serving bowl. In a medium size skillet melt butter with olive oil. Add watercress and arugula and saute for a couple of minutes just to wilt. Add yellow bell pepper and saute a minute just to begin cooking and remove from heat. Add arugula mixture and toss the ingredients together with salt and pepper red flakes. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle fresh radish and cucumbers on top.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.