Pasta with Grilled Poultry Sausages
- 1/2 pound ziti
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2inch dice
- 7 ounces pimientoes or roasted red peppers, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads dissolved in 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 pound spicy chicken or turkey sausages, pricked with a fork
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly slice
Cook the pasta in 2 quarts of salted water.
Set the tomatoes and peppers in the bottom of a mixing bowl with the olive oil and saffron vinegar.
On a lightly oiled stovetop grill cook the sausages until they are done, about 6 or 7 minutes a side. Cut them into thin slices and add to the tomatoes and peppers.