Pasta with Swiss Chard
- 8 ounces penne, rotelle or rigatoni, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup pasta cooking water
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 pound Swiss chard, washed, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup red or white wine or chicken stock
- 1 cup crushed red tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Salt and pepper
In a large skillet heat the oil and stir in the onion. Cook for 2 minutes and stir in the garlic. Add the chopped Swiss chard and toss to coat. Pour in the wine or stock and stir to coat. When the chard begins to wilt, stir in the tomatoes, red pepper flakes and pine nuts. Bring to a simmer and stir in the reserved pasta cooking water. Remember: Do Not over cook the chard. It is ready to serve just after it has wilted. Immediately add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.