Pasta with Tuna, Tomatoes, Garlic, Capers, and Olives
- 1 pound pasta noodles such as: penne
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed, roughly chopped
- 2 anchovies, finely minced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives such as kalamata, roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 (28-ounce) can whole, peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, roughly chopped parsley or basil leaves
- 1 can rinsed and drained, white albacore tuna
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper
Cook pasta in large pot of rapidly boiling water until al dente or done to your liking.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place olive oil and the garlic in a large saute pan and turn heat to medium. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden. Add capers, anchovies, olives, and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down and become a sauce, about 8 minutes. Toss with cooked pasta. Add parsley and tuna and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.