- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough (recommended: Nestle Toll House)
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature, beaten
- Whipped cream and shaved dark and white chocolate, for garnish
- Special equipment, 5 tartlet pans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 5 (4 1/2-inch) tartlet pans with nonstick spray.
Divide the cookie dough into 5 equal-sized balls. Press each dough ball into the tartlet pans; making sure it covers the sides and bottoms. Put the pans on a cookie sheet and bake until golden, about 15 to 18 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and let cool completely. Turn the oven down to 325 degrees F.
Put the chopped chocolate into a bowl. Add the heavy cream to a small saucepan over low heat. Bring the cream up to a low simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Stir or whisk the chocolate and cream until smooth and melted. Stir in the corn syrup, sugar, and salt. Whisk in the beaten egg. Ladle the filling into the cooled tart shells and bake until the filling is set and the surface is glossy, about 15 to18 minutes. Remove the tartlets from the oven and let cool. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and serve.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys