Cinnamon-Sugar Waffles with Blueberry Syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Cinnamon and powdered sugar, for serving
- Blueberry Syrup, for serving
- Blueberry Syrup:
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and butter. Add the wet mixture to the dry and whisk to combine, being careful not to over mix. Some lumps are good.
Depending on the size of your waffle maker, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter into the center of the waffle iron. Close the lid and cook until golden and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.Blueberry Syrup:
Add the blueberries, maple syrup and zest to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break up some of the berries. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Yields: 2 1/2 cups
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray