Coconut Bundt Cake
- Nonstick baking spray, for pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- Pineapple Glaze, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and dust with flour.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Once incorporated, add the extracts. Stir in the coconut milk and beat until combined. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool cake 5 minutes before turning it out onto a rack. Let cool completely on the rack.
Once the cake has cooled, ladle the glaze over the cake, and top with flaked coconut. Let glaze set before serving. Transfer the cake to a platter or serving dish and slice.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and the pineapple juice together until smooth.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman