Drunken Goat Cheese Crab Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed, at room temperature
- 8 ounces grated drunken goat cheese
- 1 pound claw crabmeat, picked through for shells and cartilage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Whole-wheat pita chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Once foaming, add the shallots and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the half-and-half and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the cream cheese in increments. Once incorporated and smooth, add all but 1/4 cup of the goat cheese in handfuls and whisk until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the crabmeat and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley. Pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
Mix together the panko, remaining 1/4 cup grated cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and the paprika in a small bowl. Sprinkle the top of the dip with the mixture. Bake until bubbly and hot, 20 minutes. Serve with whole wheat pita chips.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman