- 2 (8-ounce) packages white Cheddar, shredded
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces light beer
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 chipotle chiles, minced
- Vegetables, for dipping
- Fruit, for dipping
- 1 loaf bread, cubed, for dipping
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a large bowl toss together cheeses and flour.
To a 4-quart saucepan, add the beer, smashed garlic and chipotle chiles and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
Whisk in cheese by the handful, making sure each addition melts before you add the next. Keep at a bare simmer. Transfer to a fondue pot and set over a low flame.
*Cook's Note: If sauce is too thick, add more beer. If it's too thin, add more cheese
Serve with fondue accompaniments of fruits, vegetables and bread.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys