Fried Potato Salad
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a deep-fryer or heavy-bottomed pot, heat enough oil to come halfway up the sides of the pot, to 350 degrees F.
Add the potatoes to the hot oil and fry until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the fryer to a paper towel lined sheet tray to drain. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
While the potatoes are frying, mix together the mustard, mayonnaise, dill, and capers in a small bowl.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys