Grilled Turkey Sliders with Tomato Jam
- Tomato Jam:
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Add all the ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have dissolved and what remains is a thick jam-like consistency, about 1 hour. Cool before serving. The jam can be stored in an airtight mason jar for up to 2 weeks in your refrigerator.
Cook's Note: This is a great recipe to double up on when tomatoes are at their ripest and best during the summer months.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.