Hot and Spicy Hush Puppies
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Orange dipping sauce, recipe follows
- Gina's Orange Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
Preheat deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
Mix all the ingredients together into a large mixing bowl to form a thick batter.
Dip 2 tablespoon spoons into water. Using the spoons scoop up some of the batter and drop into the hot oil. Work in batches. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and brown. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray. Serve with dipping sauce.Gina's Orange Dipping Sauce:
Mix the above ingredients together.
Backyard Baby Back Ribs(00:03:52)
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse