Memphis Beale Street Burger
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Neely's Dry Rub seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 brioche buns
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 12 slices smoked apple wood bacon, fried crisp
- 1/2 cup Neely's "Secret Sauce", recipe follows
- 1 pint cole slaw (recommended: Neely's Cole Slaw)
- 2 beef steak tomatoes, sliced
- Neely's Secret Sauce:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (recommended: Neely's BBQ sauce)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
In a large mixing bowl, break up the meat with your hands. Add the chopped shallot, garlic, Neely's Dry Rub, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly incorporated. Using your hands, divide the meat into 6 equal balls. Flatten them into patties and use your thumb to create an indent in the center of each burger. Cook's Note: This indent will help the burgers from puffing up while you grill them.
Grill the burgers, uncovered, for 3 minutes on the first side. Flip and continue cooking for another 3 minutes for medium-rare, and 4 minutes for medium. Remove from grill and immediately top with the cheese.
Butter the buns and place on the grill. Toast for about 1 minute and remove from grill.
Build your burgers by topping with the bacon, Secret Sauce, coleslaw, and tomatoes. Add onion rings if desired.Neely's Secret Sauce:
Mix all the ingredients together in s medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving, allowing the flavors to develop. Can be made a day ahead.
Recipe courtesy The Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray