- 2 ears corn, husked
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds and rib removed, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Brush corn with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes, rotating on all sides, until the corn has some nice charred spots. Let cool and remove corn kernels from the cob.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Fold dressing into the veggies and top with the crumbled cheese and toss.
Cook's Note: Queso fresco translates to "fresh cheese." It has a crumbly texture and slightly acidic flavor. Feta cheese can be substituted.
Cook's Note: Pinto beans have a delicious creamy taste and texture.
Per Serving (based on a 6-serving yield): Calories: 336; Total Fat: 13 grams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Protein: 16 grams; Total carbohydrates: 41 grams; Sugar: 5 grams; Fiber: 11 grams; Cholesterol: 13 milligrams; Sodium: 422 milligrams