Neely's Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 -inch knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 ounces finely chopped ham steak
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 4 cups day old white or brown rice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the peanut oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onion, garlic, ginger, and green onions. Saute until tender and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the red bell pepper and the ham steak and saute until the pepper starts to soften. Add the rice and pineapple and mix with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps. Stir-fry until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Mix in the sesame oil, and the soy sauce. Taste and season with salt, if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.